Thursday, February 4, 2010

Noah's Hybrid (minus brake pedal issues of course)

Noah's Ark Prototype

My goal for this phase of the project was to crate a book housing shaped like an ark, that has the ability to float when open. The one problem I anticipated was a books tendency to close when placed on the surface of water. My proposed solutioin was the magnetic strips that I applied to the spine of the shell, that hold the book open permitting it to float like a raft.

In review of my prototype, the changes I would like to make are the following: I will make the exterior shell more contoured to give it more of a boat look. I will also work on a better magnet system that serves the function I intended more consistently.

I want to make my final shell out of wood, so I anticipate that will take a lot of design effort and craftsmanship. Also, as I want the book to be waterproof, the wood will need to be sealed.


The comments:
  • Think more about making a boat - more of how it will work w/water & how the shape might be more boat-like when it floats - wrong shape right now
  • Be careful that it's a book not a toy - maybe have things inside that can be played with in the bathtub
  • Think of options other that wood for material
  • Shape of contents have to be book-like

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.