Thursday, February 4, 2010

Prototype

I came into the prototype with a decided story. My main concerns were with the design of the book. During my iteration process I ran into problems mainly with the binding. Because the book changes shape so much so that no one side stays the same throughout, a hard binding proved to be impossible. I will experiment with the spiral-ring and other approaches.
I also hope to use thicker paper in the next prototype, as I think it will emphasize and reinforce the changing shape of the pages. I want to find a paper that satisfies this aspect yet is also still appropriate for pencil/pen illustrations.
Next in the process I want to refine and make better my sketches, and also review my choice of language so that it is the most purposeful and aids my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.