Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Plankton Reflections

The paper prototype I created is very raw but fairly accurate as to what the book will consist of. I believe my idea is strong; I developed an underwater food chain concept by playing with the words animals, cycle, and weight. On paper my idea appears too simple (although others have not expressed that concern). I have devoted one page per fish until the fish become too long to fit on one page, and the book contains only visuals. I am hoping my final book will be more vibrant and interesting. I plan to draw the fish with Sharpie, scan them, and enhance them in Photoshop with color. So far I like the images I have created; the fish are simple and "elementary" while also having a comic quality. I like my fabric selection and use of transfer paper. However, after ironing one fish I discovered the colors did not turn out as bright as I had hoped. At this point I am not sure how to correct that problem other than with the use of lighter fabric. I plan to sew the book together. The pages will be made with two layers of fabric so the book will be thicker and durable. Right now I am thinking about either sewing one long strip of fabric or connecting individual square pages. Some form of strip/pocket attached to the cover page will hold the folded fabric together. However I choose to construct it will reflect the use of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.