Thursday, February 4, 2010

Prototype

The feedback that I received state that work on my cover, that it seems too flimsy and that I should consider turning the cover into a pillow with some form of snapping shut. The feedback also stated that I need to work on the page edges because the stuffing was coming out of the sides.

Based on my own evaluation I know I want to change the type of material I used. I agree that the cover is too flimsy. I do not like the cover material at all it is not sturdy at all and it unravels very easily. I also wanted to change some other the interior materials so that it is easier to do yarn work on the pages. I want to work with the binding of the book more. At the moment the binding does not really seem to be working with the overall theme of the book and is not very efficient. As for the overall shape of the book I think I may increase the size of the pages slightly but reduce the amount of stuffing so it is not as bulky but still has that same kind of pillow feel. I really like the color choices I made. I think that I made a good choice of color that keeps my book simple enough for a child and not too busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.