Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Prototype Critique

I am so glad that I made a prototype instead of diving right into my main book because it brought my attention to all of the little glitches that I really need to work out before my final product. Although I was really pleased with the knitted texture of the front of the book, and how it tied close like the strings of a toboggan, the actual binding of the cover to the rest of the pages of the book was not as secure as I would like it to be. I know it was suggested to me to use a knitted binding and I think this would be a really good idea to explore.
I liked how muted the colors of the pages were for my book, but I want to explore making the pages have different layers and textures as well. I think that this could really make the book much more interesting and add an extra touch to appeal to the senses. Overall I think my prototype was a good first try, but there is a lot that I can improve on to make it much more functional and special.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.