Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Self-Critique

Before I received any comments on my prototype, I had a pretty good idea of improvements that needed to be made. A majority of the feedback I got related to the binding of my book and how I could improve that. I plan to bind my book with embroidery floss and include pieces of felt cut outs to make it more stable. I think choosing a traditional binding technique and combining it with the exterior of my book (the shirt and tie) presents an interesting contrast.

I am still thinking about the types of illustration I want to include within my book. I initially thought to make each page appear like a comic strip. Personally, I thought the idea was original when given the word superhero but I soon discovered that I wanted to make the concept of a superhero more abstract. To prepare for tomorrows class, I plan to investigate this curiouspages blog that included different types of illustrations.

Another thing I wanted to do is incorporate more color on the inside of my book. I was thinking about making the illustrations just in primary colors to make it flow with the book.


This critique really helped to push me in the right direction and I have a pretty good idea of what I want to do with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.