While I am personally disappointed in the appearance of the prototype, the trial-and-error process of creating the model provided me with clear direction of how to improve my design and begin constructing the final book. Due to time and materials constraints (thank you, snowfall), my prototype exhibits some poor craftsmanship in an effort to communicate the larger idea behind the work. Tightening up the technical aspects of the design, in particular through a more meticulous focus on the sewing, will hopefully yield a polished final design. The main adjustments I need to make concern the pattern of the bear body. This prototype was my first foray into patternmaking, so I miscalculated some measurements that resulted in a disproportionate, and sadly, prehistoric-looking interpretation of a bear. By widening the gusset and thus creating a rounder head, I believe the body will begin to better resemble a brown bear. Also, I plan to shorten the legs and create wider arms that make the bear look more realistic. In terms of the actual book portion of the design, I need to make the stomach pouch that hides the pages larger and define a less haphazard placement for the Velcro dots. I plan to make the pages clean on the edges to prevent shedding – I may add some additional stitch embellishment as well. Overall, I feel pleased with the concept for the book. For the final book, I plan on improving the execution of the book and trying to create a more flawless end product.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.